The Villa Romenthal was built in 1901 by Count and Countess von Schaumburg in the style of the Italian Renaissance as part of the Romenthal Estate in a natural park at the border to Diessen. The architect was Karl Vent from Munich. The villa is set on a slight slope in the middle of an old park. Park and villa create a rare harmony between nature and architecture. Romenthal was originally part of the Augustinian-Choir Abbey of Diessen, who ordered to build the Rococo chapel by Johan Michael Fischer, one of the most influential architects of the late baroque period in Bavaria. From this history the villa draws its great impression.
The impression is also substantiated through the villa’s architecture; its historic sense for form, material and proportions; the artistically composed facades; the sizes and progression of the rooms; the solid parquet flooring; the avant-garde glasshouse with filigree steel construction, a continuation of the former dining room with lake view; the two large staircases with original renaissance handrails; the intricate detail of the ornate box-type windows and doors. Complementing the historical lifestyle is the lofted studio. The surprisingly bright and sunny arched-ceiling rooms on the ground floor are complete with a beautiful lake view and tall stately doors leading to the park.